Flu jab or flu vaccination
Anyone who wants to prevent the flu is welcome at one of the KLM Health Services Travel Clinics for a flu jab. Useful if you do not fall into a risk group (such as seniors and people with a medical indication), but do want protection yourself against the flu. For example, as a self-employed person, you don’t want to catch the flu during that important assignment. And do you come into contact with people a lot professionally? Then you also want to reduce the risk of infection with the flu.
Did you get the flu jab last year? Get vaccinated again this year!
This year’s flu jab often protects against (partly) different flu viruses than those from last year. If you received the flu shot last year, your body has produced antibodies against it. However, the viruses circulating this year are structured differently, which means you need new protection. Moreover, the injection only provides protection for about six months.
When should you make an appointment?
You can be vaccinated against the flu from the end of October. It takes about 2 weeks after the injection until you have produced sufficient antibodies. These antibodies protect you for about six months. The flu mainly occurs between December and March. Last season the flu also occurred in May.
How much does it cost?
Are you just coming for the flu jab? Then the vaccination costs €37.50 including consultation costs. Read more about our rates. Do you have additional insurance? Then you can often declare these costs. Please check with your health insurance company.
For whom is the flu vaccination intended?
Anyone who wants to lower the risk of catching the flu is welcome to visit our KLM Health Services Travel Clinic to get vaccinated. If you belong to a high-risk group, then your doctor will inform you about the flu jab.
Flu vaccination at a glance
- The flu jab reduces the risk of flu.
- With the flu jab you protect yourself and your colleagues against the flu and reduce absenteeism due to illness.
- Flu is not the same as a bad cold.
- The flu jab provides protection for about six months.
- The flu jab offers protection against a number of flu viruses. It does not protect against other viruses, such as the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Different flu viruses are active every year. The composition of the flu jab is always adjusted accordingly.
- To be as well protected as possible, a new flu jab is needed every year.
- You cannot get the flu from the flu jab.
- The flu jab has few side effects and these are usually mild.
- Also take a look at the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment)
Flu-like complaints are the most common reasons for absenteeism. A flu shot can prevent employees from developing complaints caused by a flu virus. Protect yourself and your colleagues. Request a quote for your company.
We are happy to vaccinate your employees. This is possible:
- By appointment in one of our Travel Clinics.
- At your location
- Or in your own company vaccination room at Schiphol Airport
Would you like more information about the flu shot for companies? Send us an email or call (085) 401 62 11.
Why the flu shot for companies?
- Your employees are less likely to get sick.
- The flu shot reduces your risk of flu by about 30%. If you do get the flu after having the flu shot, the shot usually ensures that you become less seriously ill.
- Flu wave? Not within your company.
- If you are vaccinated, you are less likely to infect others.
- Less absenteeism