Frequently asked questions coronavirus-tested flight
from Atlanta to Amsterdam
Go to the KLM website for more information regarding the pilot coronacorridor
- What is a coronavirus-tested flight? Together with Delta Air Lines, we are launching coronavirus-tested one-way flights departing from Atlanta. Because of an extensive COVID-19 testing programme, you won’t have to go into quarantine upon arrival in Amsterdam if you test negative. We continue to work together with partner airlines, airports, governments, and authorities worldwide to safely resume international travel. If the pilot is successful, we hope to start scheduling coronavirus-tested flights to other destinations. The safety and health of our passengers and crew remain our number 1 priority.
- What does the COVID-19 testing programme for these flights entail? If you test negative for all 3 tests in the programme, you won’t have to go into quarantine upon arrival in Amsterdam.
- Prepare for your flight 5 days before your scheduled arrival at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, you need to undergo a COVID-19 PCR test. This test is at your own expense. To check in for your flight, you need to provide a negative test result.
- Before boarding in Atlanta Before boarding at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, you’re directed to a rapid testing area for a temperature screening and a rapid COVID-19 antigen test at no additional cost. A negative rapid antigen test result is required to board the flight.
- During your flight The safety and health of our passengers and crew remain our number 1 priority. Together with Delta Air Lines, we’ve taken multiple measures to ensure your safety and well-being, such as enhanced sanitising of the entire aircraft.
- At arrival in Amsterdam
- Upon arrival at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, you need to undergo another COVID-19 PCR test at no additional cost. You need to go into quarantine until you’ve received the results. If your results are negative, you can end quarantine. If your results are positive, you need to follow the guidelines of the Dutch government.
- What if one of my test results is positive? If at any moment during this process you test positive for COVID-19, you need to follow the guidelines and regulations of the country you’re in at that moment. You can find these guidelines and regulations at the websites of the Dutch and USA governments.
- Will all flights from Atlanta to Amsterdam follow this process? Not all flights are included in this pilot. There will be 4 coronavirus-tested one-way flights a week.
- Every Monday and Wednesday, flight KL0632 departs Atlanta at 22:10 local time and arrives in Amsterdam at 12:10 local time the next day. These flights are operated by KLM.
- Every Tuesday and Friday, flight DL0076 departs Atlanta at 21:55 local time and arrives in Amsterdam at 11:50 local time the next day. These flights are operated by Delta.