Pharmacy at Schiphol
Did you forget to bring your medication? The Airport Medical Services pharmacy is available 24/7.
Opening hours and product range
The pharmacy is located in Departures 2 in Schiphol Centre and is open 24/7 as are all our medical services – in case of emergencies.
Besides prescription medication, our pharmacy holds medication you can get without a prescription. For example, painkillers and medication for general colds, allergies and insect bites. In short, an assortment that is catered to travellers and employees at Schiphol Airport.
Quick and easy access to your medicines at the airport
- If you have consulted one of our GPs, you can immediately collect your required medicines at our pharmacy.
- Do you have a prescription and wish to collect your medication at our pharmacy? You can bring your prescription to the pharmacy or email the prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org. This service also applies to repeat prescriptions, birth control and First Aid articles. In most situations, we will provide you with your medicines the same day.
- If you do not have a prescription, but you think you might need medication, you can always visit our GP first to discuss this.
Our pharmacy charges the costs of (most) prescriptions directly to your health care provider.
We offer our travellers quick and easy access to medication at the airport, also after treatment at a First Aid station. However, please make sure to supply the prescriptions in time, so you can pick up or replenish your supply of medicines before departure. This contributes to travellers being well protected when starting their journey.
Travelling with medicines
Are you planning to take medicines with you on your journey? If so, we recommend that you carry your medication in your hand luggage (if possible), preferably in their original packaging. You should always take an English medical passport from your pharmacy with you so are guaranteed that others know exactly what medication you need when abroad. If you plan on taking with you medicines covered by the Dutch Opium Act, we advise you to consult the website of the CAK.
All pharmacy details at a glance
- Location: Departures 2, Schiphol Centre.
- Phone: +31 (0) 20 648 14 50.
- Fax: +31 (0) 20 649 98 06.